Saturday, March 27, 2010

One more sleep

I have titled this post wishfully, as I think that sleep will not come easily tonight. Very excited to be leaving tomorrow. As I write, Keith is already snoring, but thats OK, he still has to pack his clothes. Yup, thats right and enough said.
We put the van down in a little more of a rush than I would have liked this afternoon as the few rain spots we received began to fall. Did not want to pack up wet before we leave! Anyway, it had to go down, otherwise I would have just kept putting stuff in it and soon there would be nothing left in the house.
I suspect that our fuel efficiency may suffer as a result of my packing and the fact that we could probably build a new Discovery from the spare parts we have brought with us. The hose kit that looks like a cross between an octopus and Sigourney Weavers Alien is staying on the table at home. Scary.
Thanks to all who have wished us well. We have spent a long time planning and preparing for this adventure and tomorrow we begin.
See you on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for some "on the road" comments and photos Cath. Hope that you got away safely and have started to relax a little!

    ReplyDelete